Getting EVen closer!

Last night, I was feeling a bit restless, so I headed out to the garage to see what i could get done...

Before i knew it, it was midnight, and i had successfully mounted the Curtis Controller w/heat sink and the DC-DC converter!

I'm still waiting on my charger and Vacuum system to arrive, but its getting down to the wire now ;)

I just place an order with Parts-Express for all kinds of random electrical pieces: wire, relays, fuses, etc. I've also begun to draw up my own EV schematic to plot out what is what and where and how! All in all its looking pretty good, the next few weeks should be exciting. i'm hoping to get some video footage up soon too.

Oh, and i talked to : Looks like they'll be taking care of the Rear Axle load issue.

Coming to form

It has been over three months since i began cleaning the garage, and taking out the ICE engine. And for a minute there, i would stare at the empty chassis, and wonder how this project would every be complete.

Today, I can say, i see the light at the end of the tunnel. The project is moving along very smoothly, although not without hard work and hiccups. I've spent the past two days almost entirely in the garage, measuring, cutting, drilling, welding,, repeat!

I'll spare you the detailed shopping list, but to give you an idea there was a lot of angle iron, threaded steel, nuts and bolts, more welding wire and a new cutting blade...

So, moving forward; This week, I'll be working out the mounting of the controller and heat sink, as well as, hopefully, receiving my charger, cable ends, heat shrink, and some other misc supplies. All that is left is connecting a lot of wires, making those wires, and a few small pieces to fabricate...and some cosmetics. A lot of testing too. oh and did i mention schematics? Yea.

In the end, i now have securely mounted all 12 batteries; 10 in the rear, and 2 up front. Here are some pictures, Enjoy:

more parts...

Another quick update: I placed orders today for my Deka batteries, russco charger, and vacuum pump kit! Just a few more odds and ends togo

And it all fits

Cheers to measuring first!

The motor went in very, very smooth. Almost too smooth. Its amazing how much space is still in there, aside from the < 1cm between the motor's shaft and the wall! Once the motor was mounted, I was busy making measurement to fabricate the rear motor mount. There are 4 threaded holes on the rear of the Impulse9 which I used to fasten a mount to the OEM rear motor mount assemble. Here are some pictures:

I'm yet to confirm all the specs on these Deka batteries, so, i'm also yet to order them. I do hope to have them for Thursday though. I got the cable to connect them, but don't have the ends, cause i can't verify the size of the terminals. Its all these details that have really made this a long process.

My Curtis 1231C Controller is arriving tomorrow!!! That is very exciting. While i wait for the rest of these details to pan out, i can get busy wiring the rest of the car, and figuring out all the schematics.